Not sure how many people read their e-mails… Fewer still re Christmas letters… Whatever. But everyone loves JibJab. Sent the following to my e-mail list earlier today
It’s a JibJab, an abbreviated “Christmas Letter” and a song that matters.
First things first: https://www.jibjab.com/view/make/elf_dance/0c056492-990a-4365-96cf-c6dc16a422c5
RE the letter: I reread last year’s. Too long…what a windbag!!!
This year it’s short & sweet.
- Saw lots of live music in a variety of venues. Hope to see lots of shows in 2020.
- Had some success raising vegetables. Hope for better crops in 2020.
- Took several road trips. We’re on a roadtrip right now….our 4th end-of-December trip to Gulf Shores, AL. Hoping for more road trips in 2020.
- On our CO/NM road trip we visited with one of the first friends I made in Orygun in 1976, who I hadn’t seen since my solo cross country drive in 2000. On our last night of the trip, I visited with friends from Sarasota who live in Denver. I hadn’t seen one of them since that 2000 roadtrip. Awesome.
- A couple of contemplated trips never materialized. Enjoyed the contemplating.
- Didn’t do any fishing. Maybe in 2020. Need to find a good farm pond/lake.
- Didn’t get a haircut in 2019. Maybe in 2020. Maybe not.
- Helped raise money for The Victim Center in my role as a “Sole Man” for their Wine Women & Shoes event. Thanks to all who donated. Hope to raise even more money for them in 2020. Expect to be asked…
- Talked to my 93 year old Dad almost every day. He might outlive me.
- Made more calls and sent more texts than I received. What’s up with that?
- Read too many obituaries of friends and acquaintances. Two friends died suddenly. It’s a good way to go…we’re all gonna die…but it’s hell on the survivors.
- If you want details, i.e. the windbag version, give me a call.
Here’s the “song that matters.” Give it a listen. Travis (the banjo player) had only written the first verse when his 91 year old grandpa passed.
Don’t let this happen to you: “All the words I never said falling from my eyes…”
Don’t miss your last chance.
Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays. Take care. Keep in touch. Be.